Monday, September 12, 2011

Summer MAC-ing

Hiyee everyone! I'm back home in the OC, had an awesome time in SF and will post about it soon, but first, I just wanted to post a mini MAC haul since they go with these summer pics (technically, summer ends September 23 because of the fall equinox, so I'm not too, too behind).

After my birthday, I wanted a new lippie and had been eying this MSF (Mineralize Skin Finish) so I gave in to this pretty little thing from the Semi Precious Collection.

Rose Quartz (Limited Edition)
Base: Rosy Pink. Innercircle: Silver, Lime, White pink, Copper


Speed Dial
Light blue pink (Cremesheen) 

I really like the way MSFs look, they just make me happy to look at them (and yes, also to use them).  This one is actually not the best (I still think Stereo Rose is prettier), but I wanted a pink one (should have gotten the re-release of Petticoat since the second time around was a warmer tone than the first).  It is sheer with the center being very reflective in pictures with flash, but the color is somewhat buildable.  I like to wear it on top of NARS The Multiple in Copacabana and St. Barts. The cremesheen looked really bright in stores due to lightening but it's actually become my current favorite because it's a very wearable, medium pink.  I really like cremesheens and wish MAC would make more color options in them.

at the beach...


The nail polish color I was wearing at the time was OPI's Come to Poppy from the Nice Stems collection, which is a shimmering coral pink.  I also used OPI's Teenage Dream and OPI's White Shatter.


Another similar spring/summer shade I had before that was OPI's Guy Meets Gal-veston from the Texas collection.  I really liked the formula and the "sorbet-like"finish was very glossy and jellylike.


Though I've been shopping a bit lately for fall, clearly I still haven't transitioned (and neither has Cali with our end-of-summer heat waves), but I'm sure I'll get there. =)

Goodnight. ♥

6 comments:

  1. MAC!!! i haven't  bought one for long time :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip! i could really use a break right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous it's still summery over there! LOL It's bloody cold here. :) I love the colour of the cremesheen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty MSF :) I can't wait for some actual fall weather, i'm all ready to start wearing hoodies and boots again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with adriyah, I haven't purchased MAC products in such a long time!!! I need to head down to my nearest MAC counter soon *you enabler!*

    Guy Meets Gal-veston is such a pretty colour, and the sorbet finish is really unique o.O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely buys and that's a pretty pink nail polish shade.:D

    ***** Marie *****Freeman Beauty Blogger Kit Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails