Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hello, 2012!!

Happy belated New Year, everyone!!

It still feels so unreal that it's 2012!  I wonder how long will it take before I get used to saying it and writing it.  To be honest, I did not get to spend a lot of time at the end of 2011 to reflect and re-evaluate, so I'm still mulling things over slowly.  I just wanted to pop in and say hi, and also state that blogging is on my list for 2012.

I know I'm a strange creature, I used to blog and spend a lot of time reading & commenting on blogs, then slowly pulled back so that I could spend more time doing other things.  Perhaps I just like coming full circle.

Without further ado, here are my humble blogging goals for 2012 (almost thought and typed "2011").



2012 Blogging Resolutions

Blog more.  I  mean more frequently.  God knows I tend to overwrite, ramble and babble.  This time, shall I aim for a post a week?  Yes, I think so.

Write more reviews.  I have acquired, tried, and used many, many products since I started blogging, and yet I have so few reviews to show for it!  No more.  I used to think I had to review or post about a product while it was still "hot," but I've realized that often times, a product may pique someone's interest long after it was "hot," and therefore even an old review can still be just as useful or relevant.

Encourage more.  Spend more time on other blogs and Facebook pages, etc. and drop a comment or "like" or other sign of encouragement.  Often times people don't realize how much time and effort it takes to blog and put one's self out there, and how much a simple "like" or short comment is appreciated.  I definitely appreciate receiving such small but cherished signs of love and support!

Learn more.  I don't see myself as very skillful when it comes to makeup application, but I do enjoy learning more about products, companies, ingredients, and web-related technology.  This may not be something that you can see immediately on my blog, but it's definitely something I can tell about myself.

Engage. Believe it or not, I'm not just writing or blogging for myself (though at times, it may seem or feel like it).  I want to know what your thoughts are, your opinions, your suggestions, everything.  When I first started blogging about beauty matters (3 years ago! OMG!), what really floored me was the sense of community,  and how I could talk about my interests with so many others who enjoyed the same.  I may not be the type to eagerly run out and try every "amazing, MUST HAVE" product, but I do like hearing/reading about them and what people's experiences are.  Simply put, I love to learn from YOU.

Like it was meant to be...

Today, Beautylish posted an article "So You Want a Career in Beauty? Part 1."  I found it an interesting read, as well as sweet and simple.  It contains words of wisdom from a sprinkling of successful beauty role models including an esthetician, makeup artist, beauty publicist, beauty blogger, and eco beauty expert.  At the end, there's a quick quiz, "Where do you fit into the beauty biz?"  My result? ;)


Say whaaaaaaaaaa?  That's what's up. :3

You can see my answers and the quiz by clicking on the image below to enlarge.


If you have a few minutes, I encourage you to read the article and take the quiz yourself!  If you're on Beautylish, please follow me at my Beautylish profile.

I hope you ended 2011 well and have kicked off your 2012 to a good start! ♥

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing more of you in 2012! Thanks for joining the Secret Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blogging goals for 2012, especially "encouraging" part. We bloggers should help each other grow. ** hugs ** to you for a better 2012!

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year Diana! Looking forward to your beauty posts this year! I like your resolutions - good luck with them! I know about you mean about being engaging and being encouraging, it does feel nice when someone comments and gives you a pat on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New year to you too!! Great resolutions. Looking forward to reading more you of reviews! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nic Nic!  I think you do a great job with your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!  I hope I can keep up with reviews, hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails