Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: Caudalie Vinosource Quenching Sorbet-Crème

Description

With its ultra-natural formula, Quenching Sorbet-Crème deeply hydrates all skin types, even the hyper-sensitive ones. The skin is instantly rehydrated, softened and soothed. Skin is immediately relieved of tightness and irritation. Organic Grape Water offers a 127% increase in hydration. Skin is 62% less sensitive thanks to Vinolevure. Grape Seed Polyphenols offers 100% protection from free radicals. During the month of October 15% of the proceeds from the sales of Vinosource Quenching Sorbet-Crème will be donated to the Breast Cancer Charities of America!


Skin Solution: For anyone with sensitive skin or parched, dehydrated skin. For all skin types who experience daily, reactionary sensitivity or lack moisture.

Usage:

Morning and evening apply the Vinosource Quenching Sorbet-Crème on cleansed face and neck. May be used with your serum or in accompaniment with your current regimen to address sensitivity or dehydration.

Price:

$40 for 40mL (~1.35oz)


Pros

♥ contains no parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, or Triclosan
♥ absorbs quickly, doesn't feel heavy
♥ feels lightweight but is hydrating
♥ dispenser makes it easy to use and sanitary

Cons

♥ slightly on the pricey side
♥ I might not be able to gauge when I'm close to running out

this is the amount that I use (one full pump); a small amount is all I need (the heart circles are about nickle-quarter size)

My Thoughts

This is a good moisturizer with hydrating properties. It's hydrating enough for me to use on my dry/combination skin in the winter but isn't so rich or thick feeling that I believe anyone looking for just a little more hydration can use it.  However, if you have very dry skin and live in cold and dry climate, you may need a richer moisturizer. My skin is dry but I live in So Cal and so am able to use it in the winter here.

It's lightly scented which you may or may not like.  The scent can seem either fresh and juicy or more of a subtle, earthy scent.

It is on the pricey side but I first bought mine with 20% sale at Sephora, then with 40% off on Sasa (which has its regular price at $46).  Sasa actually has it on sale at 70% off so it's only $14!!  The sale ends on the 15th (Hong Kong time). (Even if you pay $6 shipping to US, it's still only $20.)

What are your thoughts?

8 comments:

  1. Nice product. I like the brand. But you are right, it's expensive. Well worth it though, in my opinion.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking the brand too minus the price tag, but getting it on sale is great! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caudalie products are incredible! I think they are a bit more reasonably priced in Europe - but still worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of the brand, I'm currently looking for some new skin care brands to switch my old routine up, I'm a Clinique addict but I feel like I want to try something else. But I'm trying to find a budget alternative though. However, great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow at $14, that's an amazing deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!!  I was so tempted...and almost gave in but then the sale ended.  Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Understandable!  That's why I didn't buy it until I got a discount, hehe.  Good luck finding products that work within your budget!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you like it too!  I think the price is not too bad considering all of the ingredients. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails