Friday, March 23, 2012

OPI Muppets Collection "Excuse Moi" & Random Update

Happy spring, everyone!! I hope you all had a safe and enjoyable St. Paddy's Day. I saw tons of green eyeshadow looks and green nail polishes...but why no green lippies or blushers?! kekeke just kidding. Well I'm actually wearing green nail polish right now but did not take any pics yet, so I will have to be late (story of my life). =\ I really like the color green and it makes me think of spring and new beginnings, so I will probably update my blog to have a fresh look!

OPI is my favorite nail polish brand (although I've yet tried any of the higher end or more expensive brands like Chanel, NARS, butter LONDON, etc.) and dominates my nail polish collection (which is now well over 50 bottles, eek!). "Excuse Moi" was from the 2011 Muppets Collection, I think around the holidays or just before New Year's. It is an ultra glittery pink which makes me squeal like a teenage girl, hahaha. While it looked a bit dark in the bottle and I wasn't sure if it was more reddish than pink, it turned out to be a lovely medium-dark pink. There was a bit of a gradient effect on my nails and I would def use it again for that purpose. The only downfall is that it chipped very quickly (whereas some of the other OPI glitter polishes I have definitely last longer).

"Excuse Moi"from the OPI Muppets Collection



how it looks in less sunlight/more indoor shade (not as warm in tone)

close up...lots of glitter, it's like a girly party!

definitely looks darker and more reddish in the bottle, especially if not in sunlight or very bright lighting
March weather in So Cal has been switching back and forth between warm and sunny to rainy and very chilly! On those cold days, I crave and love to eat shabu shabu. Shabu shabu is one of those reasons why I can't be vegetarian. =X

I love my mommy, who has attempted twice to make this for me and my sister but I don't think she understands our love for shabu shabu, lol. Her attempts have been commendable but just don't compare to our favorite place, Shabu Shabu Bar. The sauces are soooo good there that while I used to prefer ponzu I now also have a love for goma sauce, hehe.

rib-eye steak platter (large size)...omg my mouth just watered from looking at my own pictures, hehe

rib-eye steak and prime rib-eye steak platters

same, lots of fresh veggies
What I think is unique about this shabu shabu place is that afterwards, they use the remaining water (which basically becomes a broth from all the meat cooking plus any seasonings) into a bowl of udon. I freaking love noodles, especially fat ones so of course I love udon, and they mix the goma sauce and ponzu sauce to really give the udon soup a delicious, hearty flavor. SO GOOD!! Just the udon and soup is good enough for me, so I don't save any of the meat, hehe.


By the way, if you ever go there, the server will ask ahead of time if you want soup at the end, so save the udon & whatever you want from your platters, and if they ask which sauce you like better, say you want both in your soup because it really makes a difference, especially the goma sauce - which won't taste exactly like goma sauce but definitely adds flavor!

Also if you check in on Yelp, you will find that they have specials from time to time. So far the specials I've seen are alcohol related, haha, like this carafe of strawberry pineapple sake that was free (but with a 20% gratuity added to the bill). The carafe is really cool looking as the ice is not placed directly inside with the liquid, and it also makes it look like a potion, don't you think? hehehe (Don't worry, the alcohol level was not strong, and I've pretty much given up alcohol.)


Last month, I attempted to give myself more face framing bangs...but it was an utter failure as it made my cheeks look humongous in pictures. I've been growing out my bangs since, at least until they can be long enough for side-swept bangs. I'm also hoping to find more gentle (perhaps natural) shampoo & conditioner & treatments since my hair is not as full and healthy and shiny as it used to be. ㅠㅠ Anyone have any recommendations or even just tips to have beautiful hair and bangs? I would really appreciate it as obviously my hair needs all the help it can get, hehe.


I was wearing Maybelline 24 hour eye shadow "Tough as Taupe," Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush "Pink Frosting," and Revlon lip butter "Strawberry Shortcake" in the picture but it's kind of hard to see, so I will take new photos and post them another time.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and if you haven't already, please do join my Seoul and Tokyo giveaways!! It is open to all international readers. If for some reason you don't want to join, I would still appreciate any comments and suggestions since it will my first visit to both Korea and Japan. Thanks everyone who has already and also to those who will! ♥

10 comments:

  1. Sheila (MaddyLoves.com)March 23, 2012 at 10:48 PM

    omg i loooove hot pot/shabu shabu! Just looking at your photos is making my mouth water...

    ReplyDelete
  2.  I just saw your tweet about ramen and now I'm wishing I had some of that! keke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo hungry! And what are you talking about, I don't think your cheeks look humongous at all, have you seen mine?!

    RYC, OMG, $4 for OPI is so inexpensive! Guess how much it retails for over here? Yup, a whopping $19 >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. the nail polish looks beautiful on you! there is very femine quality to it, which i wouldn't normally expect from a glitter polish! :)
    i love shabu shabu, too. the noodle soup (or sometimes porridge) is the best part. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5.  Your nails are so pretty! you look really pretty in the last pic - the lenses makes your eyes pop but not in a OTT way lol. You must be excited about your Tokyo/Seoul trip now?! Really looking forward to our meetup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same polish, a friend gave it to me as a gift and so love it!! The bangs look great! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg $19 is too much! I think retail here is about $9, and I hate paying that even, hehe. I remember a long time ago Yumeko found a website that sold for about $4-$5 and shipped international, but I can't remember the name of the site.
    Are you looking for particular colors or just in general? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw thank you! The lenses were a freebie I'd gotten with an order, lol. I can't remember the exact name but I'll post them in the near future. I'm super excited! Will chat with you more about details later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it too! Am so glad I bought it even though I was a bit iffy about it. In fact, I wish I'd gotten more just so I could give it out, lol. And thank you! Bangs are often a challenge for me but since I like bangs so much, I keep trying, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The polish is so cute! I love glittery polishes like this :)
    Shabu shabu is so yummy! I haven't had it outside in a shabu bar, but I sometimes do it myself at home with friends. Love the bangs on you too! I think they look great on you now that the length is a bit longer ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails