Tuesday, July 10, 2012

June Glossybox USA

Disclaimer: This product was provided to me for the purpose of review. I was not paid for this review nor am I associated with the company or website.

The June US Glossybox landed on my doorstep last weekend. For those who don't already know, Glossybox is a monthly subscription beauty box that delivers deluxe beauty samples and is available in 19 countries. It recently made its US premiere back in April.


I had no idea what would be inside for this month so I immediately opened it.



The box itself is a cute and sturdy, pale pink box that can be kept and reused for small storage. I like that it only has a small logo in the center. This month's box comes with a notecard about its summer theme of simplicity and lists the products with brief descriptions on the back (I've included them below with pictures). There is also a small Glossy magazine which has short articles of tips, trends, and beauty product ads.


The box is very nicely packaged and presented with a simple pink ribbon.


Here are the goods!


BeautyAddicts Show Off Mascara. This unique formula with argon oil will give your lashes an intesnse, dramatic look without climps or smudges.


 I was pleasantly surprised to find this full-sized mascara in the box. I hadn't heard of the brand before but who can't used a jet black mascara?

First Aid Beauty Smooth Shave Cream. Smooth Shave Cream is a gentle, non-irritating formula containing everything you need to obtain a close, long-lasting shave. Keep your legs looking smooth and sexy all summer long.


Truthfully not the most exciting product since, lets be honest, I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on shaving cream but this is a cute, small size that will be appreciated when taken on a short, getaway trip.

Kinerase Restructure Firming Cream. Erase the years from your face with elastin-strengthening technology that visibly transforms and contours your skin.


I haven't used any Kinerase products before but I am familiar with the brand. I look forward to trying this out.

Wella Professionals Enrich Moisturizing Treatment. Create free flowing hair with this lightweight treatment containing silk extract that instantly restores your mane.


This moisturizing treatment is to repair dry and damaged hair. I will hold off on testing this out until I know my hair's been weathered down by our hot summer.

Shea Terra Organics Ultimate Moisturizing Body Creme. This moisturizing cream for the whole body is made with 30% organic shea butter, leaving your skin smooth and soft.


I love shea butter moisturizers so I'll definitely put this to use. It has a very minty smell which surprisingly I don't mind, as I imagine it will smell refreshing on a really hot day.

Lastly is this A Perfume Organic Urban Organic sample. This was my least favorite item in the box. The fragrance smells more like an aromatherapy scent not something I'd want to wear. I think it's because the ginger note is really strong.


Overall, I think this month's box was well put together and very thoughtful for its summer theme. I like that it has less makeup products (which I can be a bit picky about and already have tons of) and instead has mostly skin care and hair care samples. Personally, I find those a lot more useful. I'm curious as to what July's box will be like!

Did anyone else get this Glossybox or Glossybox in another country?

15 comments:

  1. I love all these "surprise" boxes, unfortunately didn't get any for myself by now! >< Maybe change that soon though. I would love to hear your opinion on the items, esp. the mascara looks promising! And the Wella professionell hair care is really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... this is awesome. i wish i knew about this since april.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana! the glossy box looks great! I'm always jealous when I see these kinds of posts because we don't have one here yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw a youtuber opening hers but it seems like you got better stuff :D ahah, lucky you. That mascara seems the most interesting to me since it has aragon oil, could you give me your feedback after using it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pink and black packaging! I haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet as I'm super picky about stuff too. I agree w/ wanting skincare stuff more than makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about skin care and hair products being more useful in these beauty boxes than makeup, which we have too much of :p I don't tend to buy that much skin care (and even less hair stuff), so trialling new products would be quite useful and interesting, even though I'm not as immediately drawn to them as I am to cosmetics. I really like the look of that
    Shea Terra though, and I'm quite a fan of minty scents :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah the thing about these surprise boxes is that they can really be hit or miss. I would rather know ahead of time what's in the box, hehe. I do feel I got lucky with this selection though! Will definitely put the mascara to use and let you know if it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw you can still sign up for the newsletter on the website and I think also sign up to know whenever a new box is available each month! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw don't be jealous! Truthfully they're hit or miss. In the last box, the only item I really liked was the OPI nail polish which anyone can just buy separately, hehe. I just got lucky this time with this box. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh thanks for letting me know, I just saw it too on her blog. I am surprised she didn't get the mascara, I really think that's the best part of this box! (The Ahava body wash does look interesting though.) I'll start using the mascara soon and will let you know how it goes. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe, if you're super picky like me then honestly I wouldn't really recommend signing up. I've tried other boxes before and after a few months, I realized for the same price I could just buy full-sized items of products I really like or want. =P I think these boxes aren't really for girls like us who probably have enough beauty products for....3-5 girls? lolol I think that's why I rather get samples of skincare and body or hair care to try out instead of makeup (black mascara being the exception since everyone needs that). =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh totally! Also with skin care and hair products is that they last for a really long time too. Even if you use the same product every day it will still last for some months! I feel like I have a queue of products waiting in line to be used, hehe. Aw I'll let you know how well the Shea Terra moisturizer works. I did take a look around the website and it's affordable at $18 for full size, so I'll let you know if it seems worth getting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not subscribed to any beauty boxes but it seems like a pretty good deal especially if you have a good month. I'm interested to hear how the firming cream works for you. I also haven't tried any Kinerase products before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mascara looks interesting. Looks like you received some great goodies. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. sorry, I went to study abroad for a year and I didn't have decent internet access T^T do you still use the mascara?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails