Thursday, July 12, 2012

SM, JYP, Cube and YG Buildings in Seoul

While in Seoul, I was able to check out the locations of SM, JYP, Cube, and YG Entertainment headquarters. I didn't actually go inside (I don't think that's possible unless there's an audition going on) but just visited briefly, like a tourist + fangirl, and took pictures outside, keke.

I'd found directions online, but for some reason can't find them right now. It's just as well as the directions were a little faulty. However you can look up their addresses and map out your route should you ever decide to visit. I do remember that SM was a short subway ride away from JYP, which is literally about a small block away from Cube (like a 1-2 minute walk), and then YG is totally out of the way (in Mapo while the rest are in Gangnam), about another 30-40 minute ride on the subway.

SM Entertainment

서울시 강남구 압구정2동 521
521 Apgujung 2-dong Gangnam-gu, Seoul





Work home to SHINee, Super Junior, etc. The sign lights up at night with blue lights.


YP Entertainment

123-50 Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul


I love that they have all their artists' posters up.



Cube Entertainment

125-6, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul


Work home to BEAST and 4minute. I love their music, so catchy and with good beats. The building is small and simple but with a modern yet quaint feel. I believe the bottom floor is being  built as a cafe or something.

YG Entertainment

397-5 YG Building, Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul


All you can see at YG is the building itself. Pretty disappointing and about a waste of an hour or so of my time. Hmph. I guess inside the lobby were TVs showing the artists or something but there is a security guard so you can't even walk up to the door.

I managed to take this picture of YG doors by standing on my tippy toes in the parking lot, where those cars are in the picture above. I guess if you're a really hardcore fan, you can just move into the building next to YG, keke.


That's it for my tour! What do you think? Would you go and visit these locations? I think it may be a little more interesting to go during the week, in case you might actually catch a glimpse of your favorite stars!

29 comments:

  1. Ooh very cool! Too bad Shinee didn't come out of the SM building while you were posing ;p I think I'd be more interested in visiting the locations of some of my fave Korean dramas and I totally want to stalk Lee Seung Gi when I visit SK lol.


    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lot more simplistic than I thought they would be (apart from SM).... maybe I watch too much anime, It looks pretty cool though :D too bad you couldn't go in... that'd be awesome *A*

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, the YG building is kind of disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar with these companies but I think it's really cool that you were able to visit them! Love your cute outfit :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh speaking of stalking kpop stars..my cousin went to korea and saw Siwon at the opening of the door XD..when you went there are there other fans waiting outside too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG so exciting!!! I wouldn't mind standing outside all day waiting for celebrities to come by hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha you're so cute. I love your poses in the pics :D

    It would have been so cool if a celeb happened to come in/out while you were there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe you look so cute, Diana!
    all i am seeing is you, not the buildings behind you. lolz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wouldn't that be a fangirl's dream come true?! It did make me wonder when they're actually at their headquarters. I know as trainees they must have been there a lot, but now they're successful so maybe they only go when they're working on new albums. Okay I'm over thinking this, aren't I? keke

    Oh, of course I visited some locations from Kdramas, hehe. However a lot of the locations I wanted to see, I wasn't able to find out where they were exactly. Maybe next time! I so hope you do see Lee Seung Gi when you visit, then you'll have to tell me all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe I love K-pop too, and I always feel both awe and envious whenever I read blogs of girls who just happen to get lucky and run into film shootings or music video shoots or somehow get sudden, free VIP hook ups at a concert! Ahhh wish I could have been that lucky on my trip, keke.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's funny I'm not sure what I'd expected. Maybe like huge, ultra modern and more business-y looking? I think it feel somewhere in-between very business-like and fan service, keke. I'm curious what it would look like inside, but I think it would be better if they just made the outside super nice for fans to see. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know, right? Well I think I was mostly disappointed because it was out of the way and I couldn't even walk up to the doors. You'd think they'd put out at least a huge wall poster or something of BIGBANG etc. but I guess they're going for the more serious, discourage-fans-from-visiting look. =\

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh really? Do you listen to K-pop or not at all? If you do, I could tell you which groups are from which entertainment companies but if not, no biggie. Aw thanks! I was happy I could finally go out without a sweater, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHAT?! Omg, your cousin is so lucky! Did she take a pic? I think he's so handsome, hehe. I went on a Sunday so no one else was really around, except for a few people at JYP waiting to audition (but I think the audition was canceled or something).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol, seriously right? Especially near JYP and Cube since there were small restaurants and stores nearby (YG was more in a residential area and SM was kind of far from other big buildings). It makes me think of the fans in You're Beautiful. I was surprised I didn't see a scene like that but maybe that happens during the week and not on Sundays. =P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol thanks! For some reason, my friend likes to always make those goofy faces haha and she kept commenting "Are you just going to smile?" =P So I had to change it up a bit, hehe. Ahhh I always hear or read stories of people who run into celebs or free concerts etc., wish I could be that lucky one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! Aww thanks! Yeah I noticed I posted all pics with me in it, so vain of me, right? But I figured people can always find pics of the buildings themselves elsewhere, kekeke. XP

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't listen to any K-Pop. D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, It's very thrill,
    did you see any celebrities there???

    ReplyDelete
  20. No, unfortunately I didn't see any while I was there. TT Hopefully I will next time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, how are you?


    I am planning to visit Korea in January. Do you know how do me and my cousin get there to find YG (I know it's in Mapo-gu), also SM, JYP, Cube, etc. Because none of my other Kpop fan-friends won't tell me because I was going to ask her/him where can I see Cube so they refuse to reply lol... Anyways, this is very interesting! I mean, I can't wait! I really wanna see this place and I'm hoping to meet 4Minute, 2NE1, Big Bang, etc. But I guess we're not allowed to go in there especially they won't be around at each of their buildings. So I guess it'll be hard.


    So if I wanna see SM, would it be the same area as JYP and Cube? I heard JYP and Cube are in the same streets, am I right? I'm so eager to find this places when I go there next year. Hope if you can help me lol... it'll be our first time (me and my cousin)...

    ReplyDelete
  22. actually kpop star compared the big 3 and YG has the most luxurious interior. i guess it's a "don't judge a book by its cover" kinda thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. if you can go inside, YG building is the best with modern technology and cool design , you can check out on youtube.. it's just super awesome

    ReplyDelete
  24. you know, inside the YG building, there's a big screen that show video of YG's artists, and there's so many big pics too, just check the video and then you will know the truth

    ReplyDelete
  25. ya that's right, everybody knew especially media that YG building is the best from 3 big companies

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sm buiding also have no poster, you know you so lucky can take pics in front of Yg building lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. How Wai Ho 000918-10-1949

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails