Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Gmarket Korean Beauty Haul

I recently decided to satisfy my lust for new Korean skin care and beauty products with a massive Gmarket haul. (Okay, maybe not massive, but the bill was not a small one.) Although shipping from Korea to the U.S. can be a bit pricey, Gmarket does offer sales on certain beauty brands that you can check at their monthly beauty calendar.


Here's the huge EMS box my haul came in. It was like Christmas (in the summer)!


Most of the items are safely packaged in bubble wrap to make the journey across the world.


Here's the beautiful unveiling! I get all googly-eyed looking at this, hehe. The majority of my purchase were from Etude House 에뛰드하우스 직영샵 and It's Skin 잇츠스킨숍, which had a 30% sale at the time. Both brands have mini shops on GMarket so you can buy directly from the companies, as opposed to sellers.


Etude House Precious Mineral Sun BB Cream in 03 Sand Beige. This is their latest BB cream that was just released and promoted this summer. It has a slightly cool feeling on the skin, SPF 50+/PA+++ and also a matte finish. I'm liking it so far and will review it later this month.


Etude House Skin Mal:gem - Smoother. Malgem 맑음 is "the Korean word for cleanness, clarity and pureness," and Skin Mal:gem is a series of toners in different types. Smoother is the exfoliation toner.


Etude House Skin Mal:gem -Essential.This type is the "oil balance moisture care freshener." This toner contains olive fruit oil, meadowfoam seed oil, and multiple fruit extracts. You can see the oily layer that you need to mix with the watery layer by shaking the bottle before use.


Etude House Dear My Blooming Cheek in PK001 and OR202. I haven't tried these yet (I don't like to use beauty products until I've photographed them for my blog, hehe) but I just wanted to comment that PK001, on the left, is more pink or warm than the cool tone in the picture below.


Etude House also included a Skin Mal:gem kit with samples of Skin Mal:gem Smoother and Skin Mal:gem Deep Moisture Freshener. I'm looking forward to trying the Deep Moist which is intended for dry skin.


I also received a medium-sized pink cosmetics bag from Etude House.


It's Skin Prestige Creme D'Escargot Snail Cream. I've read nothing but positive reviews about this snail mucin cream and really want to give it a try once I'm done with my Etude House Darling Cream. This is a much pricier snail cream so I'm curious to see if it will yield more impressive results.


It's Skin Macaron Lip Balm in Apple and Strawberry. Aigoo...these were so hard to photograph since my camera really picks up light reflection, so the plastic looks much shinier than it does in person. However, without the plastic cases, these adorable lip balm pots look like macarons!


It's Skin Macaron Lip Balm in Pineapple. I didn't realize Gmarket was still having a promotion of either a free Holika Holika Lip Gloss or It's Skin Macaron Lip Balm! If I did, maybe I would have only purchased one instead of two, hehe. Still, I'm not complaining. =)


I also received these samples of It's Skin UV Away Perfect Sun Block, SPF 50+/PA+++.


As a non-beauty-related item, I purchased this pair of cute, light beige wedge heels. They were only about $18, not bad right?


It's a wee bit tight on me (me and my wide duck feet, wahhhh), but I really like the color as well as the style.


And lastly...not beauty, skin care or fashion-related...but still "fun" for me: Korean Grammar books!!


Okay, maybe not that exciting, but I'm happy because I can continue to study Korean on my own now.

I'm looking forward to playing with all of my new goodies and will report back with my thoughts on everything! I also have some new pairs of circle lenses that I will be reviewing soon.

I hope you're all having a lovely week!

34 comments:

  1. TOP!!! Nickhun! hahahahaha also awesome haullllll!!! it always takes me sooo long to finally order bc i spend days trying to figure out the korean & how to select the items i want. my eyes hurt by the end lol
    looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul!! The blusher look pretty :) Swatches please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you've got a HUGE korean beauty hauls!!!it's so nice that everything was bubble wrap just so all products would arrive in perfect condition. I once purchase at an online shop and they didn't bubble wrap my product when it came to my door some items were damage through transit >_<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mail in the post makes the world look a bit more brighter! :)

    And yay! You ordered the Sun BB Cream by Etude House. I should have bought 1 more of that instead of 2 of the pink packaged precious mineral bright fit bb cream.

    http://lifelivinginlondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific beauty haul! All the Etude House products look awesome. Looking forward to your reviews. Can I order T.O.P from there lol ;P


    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice haul, can't wait for the reviews on the etdue stuff you got! i still have yet to break my gmarket cherry, it still confuses me lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new reader here, and I enjoyed checking out your haul! I hope you'll do a review on the skincare products, I love Etude house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow! great haulage, Diana :) i am excited about your future review posts on them. i usually make a couple of gmarket hauls myself, usually clothes and shoes, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Diana! Great haul. Those macaroon lip balms look so cute. Please review them when you have a chance. I hope they are as good as they look.
    http://fannied.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Macaron Lip balms look super cute! And so is the guy on the first picture! :)


    http://denysiayu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great haul....Snail essence in BB cream...Would love to read your reviews on the BB creams you got. The macaron lip balms are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! I like haul posts cos I'm nosy like that hehe
    Loving the cute macaron lip balms

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol it's so true, I am the same with ordering, and I also try to nitpick on what I really want and is worth the shipping. I actually missed the Etude House 30% off sale because I was waiting for the It's Skin one. Luckily I am pretty happy with everything so I hope I won't order for a while! *fingers crossed*

    P.S. The calendar is so cute, hehe, a dif BIGBANG member every month. I wish I could customize my Google calendar to look like that. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! Will definitely do soon, now that I finally posted this and can allow myself to touch the blushers, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went a little crazy, hehe. Aww that's so awful to hear! I am always surprised too when I receive makeup items not in bubble wrap. I think some people have too much faith in the careful handling of post office workers. I hope your purchase was replaced by that shop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree! I'm really liking the Sun BB Cream so far too, although I'm wondering how it would look if I mix it to give it a dewy finish, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! Wouldn't that be nice. :P I love seeing the BIGBANG boys all over the website, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks! I'll definitely review the Etude House products since I've been curious about them for a while. Aw it is a bit intimidating...so many flashing images, and when you think you're scrolling through 100 pictures, it's usually just one giant picture! ahaha I didn't even know the free lip balm promotion was still going on. Hopefully they'll continue to improve the usability of the site for us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Tiffany! I've started using the Etude House products and will definitely be reviewing them once I've used them a bit longer. =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Lena! Ohh I know a lot of girls haul clothes and shoes from Gmarket, but I never feel confident enough to do so myself, hehe. I had a bad experience with another Asian website once where I spent a lot and was so disappointed in the quality. Hopefully one day I'll be brave and better at choosing clothes and shoes online! =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, Fannie! I'm hoping so myself. *fingers crossed* hehe

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hehe you mean on the calendar? That's T.O.P from BIGBANG...all the girls love his looks! I'm hoping to review the macaron lip balms sometime so I can post better pics of their cuteness, hehe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Yu Ming! The snail essence is actually in a moisturizer. I think I've seen some in BB creams but I haven't tried any yet. I'll definitely post a review on the BB cream once I've used it more! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw thanks Joey! I don't post haul posts often since I have a lot of products and it can usually take me a while before I actually start using the things I've hauled (case in point, I got the Revlon lip balm stains a month ago and am only now using them!). I do try to post hauls though when there's a theme, like brand hauls. =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Look at the state of your box! Now I know how rough Malaysia Post is. My box always reaches my doorstep in a sad condition.

    How big are the toners? And do they come in glass bottles? They look pretty posh haha!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sorry to barge in @lenallure:disqus and @paperdollrevenge:disqus!


    Shoes and clothes can be so hard to buy especially since we can't try them on. When I buy M on Gmarket, it's too big and when I go for S, it's too small =.=

    ReplyDelete
  27. The snail cream certainly looks interesting! All the other products are just packaged so cutely.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You should have seen the shoe box that was sent within Korea, it was a bent and a bit smushed!

    The toners are pretty big.250ml and although it looks like glass, it's actually plastic, hehe. I'm wondering when they were released because I don't think I saw them when I was in Korea (and you prob would have told me, right? keke), but I did see them everywhere online after I got back.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I agree! Asian markets seem to always have great packaging, especially for their lower end/drugstore brands. <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. its so tempting to see all little cute stuffs you ordered >_< especially the macaron lip balms and blushes <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. awesome G market haul!! Will be tempted when I get back to Japan haha

    ReplyDelete
  32. Aw thanks! They're almost to pretty to use! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yesss! I wish I was still in Korean, I'd haul like crazy. I miss Japan too! I need another trip there! <3

    ReplyDelete
  34. do they have beauty sales at the beginning of a new month?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails