Friday, June 22, 2012

Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips-talk Lipsticks


Happy Friday!! Here are the six lovely lippies I got from Etude House while I was in Seoul. Might I refresh your memory of my love for SHINee? It boggles my mind how much Etude House must make from SHINee crazed fangirls (and...fanboys, keke)..obviously, myself included. XD



Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips-talk Lipsticks



From left to right: BE101, OR204, OR205, PK004, PK005, and RD304

BE101 Worrisome Beige 애태우는 베이지
Looks like boring beige but is actually a pinkish nude beige color.

OR204 Bashful Coral 부끄러운 코랄
This looks like a bright orange color but is a pretty, peachy-pink coral.

OR205 Excited Orange 신나는 노렌지
This orange looks a bit light and florescent but is a nice, light orange shade (just a tad florescent).

PK004 Breathless Pink 숨막히는 핑크
I love this name, hehe. This looks scary bright at first but is a nice blue-based pink that leans fuchsia-ish. Reminds me of a few MAC colors.

PK005 In Love Pink 설레이는 핑크
This is more of a milky pink but more pigmented than a baby pink. It's a very wearable color.

RD304 Thrilling Red 짜릿한 레드
I don't wear red lipstick very often but this isn't your standard red. It's a cherry red that almost borderlines a dark, blue-based pink depending on the lighting.



Swatches from left to right: BE101, OR204, OR205, RD304, PK004 and PK005. I used 3 swipes above to make it more pigmented and even. The bottom pic only has 2 swipes so you can see the lighter colors look more sheer.


Description

Smooth textured lipstick supplies vivid color and moist shine.

  • Smooth texture and outstanding color of creamy gel texture makes clean and vivid lips.
  • Relaxed Fitting Complex & Smooth Powder System makes smooth lips without crack.
  • Moist Liquid Paste and Hydro-Moist Complex makes moist and kissable lips.

Left to right: PK004 Breathless Pink, PK005 In Love Pink, RD304 Thrilling Red


Left to right: BE101 Worrisome Beige, OR204 Bashful Coral, OR205 Excited Orange


Price:

I believe these were about 8,5000 won plus tax in Korea. Of course, it will cost more outside of Korea but I suggest not paying more than $15 with shipping.

Where to Buy:

any Etude House store in Asia, otherwise online at Gmarket (look for official Etude House seller), imomoko.com, eBay, Amazon, etc.

Pros

♥ cute packaging
♥ 24 available colors
♥ moisturizing

Cons

♥ settles into lip lines and makes any dryness look worse
♥ a good majority of the colors are rather bright or a bit florescent
♥ can only buy online if you're in the US or another country where Etude House hasn't set up shop

My Thoughts

The packaging is really girly and cute. The plastic container is a very pale lavender with an iridescence sheen and small, metallic bow near the base. Each lipstick has the Etude House symbol embossed on the side. The colors are vivid and the texture is creamy. Some of the colors, especially the lighter colors, feather very obviously when applied and really settle into lip lines; they also also don't apply evenly, needing at least 2-3 lswipes or layers to even out the color. You definitely need to exfoliate your lips beforehand, probably within the past 24 hours or else the lipstick will make any signs of dryness look worse. Aside from that, the texture feels smooth and I find these to be more moisturizing than the Relvon ColorStay lip butters. Yeah, I said it! Of course, that's just my personal experience as I didn't find any of the Relvon lip butters I'd tried to be moisturizing.

PK005 In Love Pink 설레이는 핑크



PK004 Breathless Pink 숨막히는 핑크



BE101 Worrisome Beige 애태우는 베이지




OR204 Bashful Coral 부끄러운 코랄





OR205 Excited Orange 신나는 노렌지




PK004 Breathless Pink 숨막히는 핑크




RD304 Thrilling Red 짜릿한 레드





I wasn't able to take proper lip swatches because my camera washed out all of the colors when framing closeups, but I will take proper pictures soon. In the meantime, below are the four colors promoted by SHINee and Dara in the Kiss Note ads. (Yes, I have all four, keke.)


There are 24 available shades of pinks, reds, beiges, oranges and corals.


Anyone actually read some of the names? They baffle me...I'm not sure if some were just lost in translation or what. I've seen Bashful Coral also translated as Shameful Coral, keke. (Shameful makes me think Walk of Shame, ahahaha.) Angry Pink? Jealous Pink? Disgusted Pink? Lonely Red? (haha) And all of the Beiges - Worrisome, Sleepy, Yearning, and Strange. XP

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

34 comments:

  1. wahahahhaha worrisome beige. i guess beige should be worried, for being such a boring color HAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely range of lipsticks!

    I'm still looking forward to more of ur Korea adventure post :P as they are soo useful for my upcoming plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh are you going to Seoul soon?! When & how long? I'm excited for you!

      Delete
  3. Lol and Sleepy Beige...makes me think of the seven dwarfs, except does that mean the girl wearing it will look sleepy?? kekeke They should have stuck with the more girly adjs...Shiny Beige...Pretty Coral...Dolly Pink! Or something less "worriesome." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love etude house!! and I love the lipstick I got from this range. I fell for the packaging more than anything but they are amazing quality, win win. Thanks for the in depth review, I might have to go check out the other colours
    -Natasha. aintthatpretty09.blogspot.com


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look fantastic! i really like the colours u picked too. I cant believe i missed out on these. amazon here i come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thanks! Looking at all the colors in that color note makes me wonder if I'd skipped any other great, lol, but I''m happy with what I got. I saw the lippies for $8.99 on Amazon! Not sure how much shipping is but I hope you can get it for a fair price. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome! I really love their girly packaging too, although sometimes I'm bummed when their product doesn't work out well for me. Luckily these are good quality for the price (in Korea, keke). Would love to know which color you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool colors! I really like them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo how pretty! The packaging is so cute as well! Shame about the feathering and settling into lines. Er...did you say it takes 2-3 years for the colour to even out for the lighter ones?!! XD

    Actually I'm quite excited about the revlon balm pencil things that look like a rip off of the Clinique Chubby Balm thingies!!! Apparentlyt they are almost as moisturising as the Clinique ones. Yeah I don't feel that the Revlon lip butters are moisturising either, they just don't feel particularly dry, but I swear the sheen disappears after about 40 minutes and then just dries out

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow the packaging is rather cute! i'm aware that etude house is rather affordable for it's quality and packaging - that is a plus! Shame they bleed, at least they are moisturising! haha@ comment on being more moisturisng that revlon lip butters!

    You picked some great shades though - I really like the orange tones!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great swatches and review Diana! I have 2 of the colors - the beige and coral one you have. I haven't tried them myself yet but I'm excited to now since you say they're even more moisturizing than the Revlon lip butters (and I really like the lip butters!). I should have gotten the orange color too - it looks so cute in your swatch :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omgosh puhahahaha, thanks for catching the "years!" I don't even know why I typed years instead of layers/swipes/swatches. Smh.


    Yeah, the feathering lets me know that Etude House really is more targeting for young girls, lol, not girls like us who have tried a wide variation of quality lipsticks. =|


    Oh, I totally agree with your description of the Revlon lip butters! I felt like I was a bit of a freak for being the only one who didn't find them moisturizing. Are you going to try the Revlon lip balm stain soon? I want to get at least one, lol, even though I obviously don't need it but everyone seems to like it. Plus, it's a stain (my attempt to justify purchasing). Now I just need to find a color I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! At first I was only going to get BE101 and PK005, but the coral and orange have really grown on me (still a little iffy about the bright pink and red). Any ideas yet what you'll be buying in Seoul? I can't wait to see your hauls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! And sweet, I hope you get to play with your lippies soon! The coral one seems to be really popular. Aw I don't blame you for not getting the orange. I would have only gotten the beige and light pink if it wasn't for the SHINee gift set, lol. Maybe you can get the orange later if you like the lippies. I hope you'll find them moisturizing too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ah the packaging is the best! you did very good not hauling the entire collection, Diana. lol
    and the korean names of the lippies are killing me. lmao ;D
    too bad they are not so great of quality..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the look of BE101 on your arm! A shame that it isn't a colour personally endorsed by SHINee. How does it appear on your lips? Hehehe and the translated name Shameful Coral almost killed me, I couldn't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg I so want to try these!! I've been eyeing them for so long, but I've never tried any Etude house lippies, so I wasn't sure. The packaging is so cute and the colours look gorgeous. For me florescent colours is a plus :D


    www.closetvoyage.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the nude and coral colors! Do they bleed out even with lipliners or did your comment refer to when using it without lipliner? :) I HAVE to go to the store in Tokyo, I always forget when I'm there. I need to. 7 weeks left for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL the entire collection! Aigoo...can you imagine? Although, why not, I know plenty of girls who have all 20 shades of the Revlon lip butters! keke (Just kidding, I don't need or want all 24 EH lipsticks.)

    Whaaaat? Aren't you Korean? You mean, the names still don't make sense to you? lol jk I felt like I was naming the seven dwarfs when I pointed out the beige names. XP

    It is a shame about the quality since I know a lot of girls rave about them, but then again we are probably a bit spoiled with our makeup. =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Isn't it funny how the swatch looks so different than in the tube? Etude House does seem to promote the color a bit, at least to their Pink Birds and showing it as a "hot color." It's rather light on my lips and nude looking, especially in pictures. I like to tell myself that BE101 or PK005 is Onew's color since he wasn't in the Kiss Note promo, but in the picture he looks like he got "kissed" with a red color, lol. Shameful Coral! Isn't that awesome? XP Although, it's Jonghyun's color so I think it should be more like Shameless Coral, kekeke. (All this SHINee talk probably only makes sense to you and me, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohh if you like florescent colors then you have plenty to choose from! They would probably look more flattering on your fair skin tone. Hmm I say maybe get one or two first to see how you like them. Then after that, you can collect them all! (jk)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah sorry, maybe I used the wrong word. It's not so much bleeding out of my lips but really settles into lip lines. I don't use lipliners. I have a couple but, just stopped using them a while back. Definitely go when you're in Tokyo! I'd love to see which colors you choose and I'm also curious how much the price is there.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the tips!! I don't really have fair skin tho xD I use bright lighting in my photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Need to get my hands on those, the packaging is so cute! to bad the colours are so standard and nothing special in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  25. omy!! all the shades are really lovely and so pretty! Thanks for providing the swatches it would be easier for me to pick the one I'll be getting...^_~

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes you do! hehe At least one, if you can. The packaging really stands out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw glad I could help! I think you may have lighter lips than I do so the colors should look really nice on you. Can't wait to see which ones you get!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Please check out my blog http://ariantyolyvs.blogspot.hk/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow! nice shades. Im gonna buy OR 205 as it looks nice from your picture. hehe. I was confuse between OR 205 and OR 206, then go through your pictures, I decided to buy OR 205. Thanks ya.

    Your newest follower. Check out my blog :)
    wiidaribbon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like OR 205! Even though it looks a touch bright, I find it's actually very wearable on my natural lip color and I've been using it a lot this summer. I'm glad my pictures helped and hope that you'll enjoy the color as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for this review! I'm really torn between Breathless Pink and In Love Pink.. don't know which one to get. will try to figure it out when I visit my EH. Anyways, I'm a new follower! Hope you can support a newbie blogger! :)


    http://somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Personally I prefer In Love Pink, I find it more wearable on my lips and for my taste, but luckily you can swatch when you visit Etude House! =)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those are pretty shades. http://www.paperdollrevenge.com/2012/06/etude-house-dear-my-blooming-lips-talk.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails