Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2011 Beauty Favorites

Hiyee~!!  This is my Best of 2011 List.  This year I was a bit boring; I used a lot of favorites from the year before and didn't try a lot of products until near the end of the year, so I think it's too soon to say they were my favorites.  Many of these products I have not had a chance to review so I will do so as soon as possible.  For now, I'll just say a quick quip about each. :3

My Beauty Diary Mask Earl Grey Tea & Macaron Sheet Mask
My Beauty Diary is a winner in my book because of products like this.  Super cute packaging, cheap, but works well and immediately.




Yes to Carrots C Me Smile Lip Butter
This was a pleasant surprise as I did not expect much but it's actually more hydrating and softening than Burt's Bees lip balm.  My favorite is Melon.


Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream
I switched from the lotion formula to cream and it's been working much better for me.  I really like that it provides high SPF and doesn't have the typical, strong sunblock smell.



Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes ~ Hydrating
I remember the original towelettes caused a stinging sensation on my skin but these do not.  Not only do these do a superb job of removing makeup but it's a plus that I don't have to moisturize after using them.

 

The Body Shop Mango Body Butter
I use this after every shower and it keeps my skin hydrated and feeling soft.  It smells pleasant and is a great quality product for a very affordable price.


Schwarzkopf got2b guardian angel blow-out lotion
This drugstore item is cheap (about $6-$7 retail, often on sale for $5 or less) but works wonderfully to protect my hair from heat and also leave it feeling silky soft.  A Must Have in the winter cold months when one cannot walk around with or go to bed with wet hair.


Inglot Eye Shadows
These eye shadows are pigmented and of high quality but for a very affordable price (I bought these on sale for $4 but they're $5 regular price). I love being able to choose the exact shadows I want for a palette.



Still my favorites

 

Essential Ultra Honey & Shea Butter Rich Premier Hair Mask
I still use this, even though I do consider it a bit pricey.  However, the hair treatment and hair mask make my hair feel sooooo hydrated and soft, that I just can't help but stay loyal.

Clarisonic Mia
This was a splurge but Iyah and Mona had convinced me it was worth it, and it definitely has proven so.  The difference may be subtle but the effects are there in the long run.



H2O Plus Urban Defense Green Tea Cleansing Milk
I used this all year long (this was my second bottle)!  It's so gentle, soothing, slightly brightening and works well with my Clarisonic Mia.

K-Palette liquid eyeliner
This has been a staple for me and though I've tried other liquid eyeliners, none has yet to take its place. I'm open to trying others but so far, I just keep coming back.


Last year, I focused more on skincare and that's always going to be most important to me.  This year, I'd like to be open to trying more brands, especially if I could find and fall in love with products that are more budget-friendly and easy to find.  I'd also like to research and learn more about ingredients so that I can make better educated choices when it comes to choosing products.

What were your favorites last year?  Or what new products are you looking to try this year?

17 comments:

  1. I miss you Ms. Diana!! <3 I need to get back to blogging :) Aweee that Earl Grey Tea Mask sounds superb!! I need to get back to trying new things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice products....all of them seems so promising...would love to try the beauty masks someday..the packaging are just so cute..I only hope I could find this somewhere.....thanks for sharing your favorites... ^_^~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww miss you too, Iyah!!  You haven't tried it yet?  Let me know if you need new masks to try! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Janet!  Have you tried any sheet masks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of your favorites are my favorites as well! :) The one thing I need to buy is the Clarasonic Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The packaging on My Beauty Diary is so cute! It's so girly. Love it... hehe~  It's a good thing I bought Clarisonic since I keep hearing such great things about it. I'm still testing mine out. Love The Body Shop Body Butter so I agree with your comment. So lucky you got Inglot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love Shiseido, Inglot and Clairisonic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice favorites!!  I'm curious to try the essentials hair mask now :)  I love the  k-palette liquid liner too!  I have been slacking on blogging lately but hope to be back soon.  Hope you are doing well babes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooOh that's a sheet mask I must try!

    fabulouslythrifty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ♥ the earl grey sheet masks too! the mango body butter is prob my fave body butter from the body shop, smells delicious and so moisturizing :) the one thing I still need to try is the mia :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes!  The mia really helps my skin in the winter. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw thanks babes!  I miss your blog!  I hope you're doing well too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love girly packaging too, hehe, such a sucka for cute packaging!  Ohh I hope you'll love your Clarisonic too!  Have you  not tried Inglot yet?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay I'm glad!  I think the mia helped me a lot with my dry skin in the winter. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So that Shisedo sunblock IS good? I'm looking for one to use this summer (not that hot in my part of the world this time of the year..) Does it leave that heavy feeling and white film over the skin? I totally hate that so I need something lighter but with good UVA and UVB protection.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a good list... If I find something I like, I wouldn't really stray from it...so no worries about it being "boring" ;-) If it works, it works...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails