Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Drugstore Beauty Frenzy

Let's call this my Adventures in Drugstore Beauty Wonderland, shall we?

It all started when I heard many wondrous tales, far and wide, of the dazzling, amazing, spectacular, incredible [insert your own superlative here] Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter...ever heard of it?

 It is indeed a truly hard-to-find treasure which everyone wants to get her hands on!

Really though?  Really?

You may even be foiled by misleading guides and obscure location, like this:

No wonder there are so many!  Those are not Revlon ColorBurst Lipsticks and no, they're not $9.49! (I'm also the one who organized it to look pretty like that, instead of having them scattered and hidden.)


But do not despair, for good things come to those who wait and those who endure!

Hello, heaven...that doesn't have the one color I'm looking for!  Wait, where am I?!
I literally went to 8 drugstores within 24 hours, searching for the exact colors at the right price (I have this thing where I don't want to pay full price for drugstore makeup, since I know there are always BOGO Free or 40-50% off sales)...and I am still searching for ONE (okay, maybe two) more!

While I was out hunting lip butters, some other shimmery treasures caught my fancy.

L'Oreal Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadows


I found these four to be the most attractive in my eyes...

Clockwise from top left: Golden Sage, Amber Rush, Bronzed Taupe, Iced Latte

Lastly but not least, I spied pretty blushers, and I am a sucka for all things pretty as well as blushers!

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush
They're all like mythical sirens, calling my name!

L to R: Fresh Pink, Pink Frosting

L to R: Rose Petal, Peach Satin
What say you?  Have you spotted and gotten your hands on any of these oh-so-lovely things?  I was pretty determined and got a couple of each to try (well, I'd already gotten two Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters from Target, but I got one more).  It's funny because I told myself, after all that hunting, with precious time and effort spent...I still spent a lot of money.  Was it really worth it?  BUT...I find myself wanting to get more!  It's an illness that's been inflicted upon me. ;) So far...blogging seems to be the only remedy, but it can only treat the symptoms, haha.  Oh...what am I saying?  Will post a follow-up on these goodies soon! =)

11 comments:

  1. I think that although the hunt is sometimes a big part of the thrill;P Even if you end up spending heaps of money anyway;P I'm trying on eBay for the bouncy blushes and have already bought a few lip butters off there. I have quite the collection of infallible's as well,  love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The revlon lip butter looks like a fun product to have. Who doesn't want buttery lips?

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The revlon lip butter looks like a fun product to have. Who doesn't want buttery lips?

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow nice big selection there!! I heard they'll be in uk soon I cannot wait to check them out once I visit uk hehe. I think it's always a mixed feeling for me when hunting for something - excited to buy it but disappointed when it doesn't worn out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the sexy pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe you are welcome!  I think I enabled myself! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe that is true, and we do it to ourselves, don't we?  When things go out of stock and are limited edition, I immediately LUST like mad and try my best to find and get them! :)


    I'm glad to hear you love the Infallibles! I just tried one for the first time today, and so far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those lip butters are still in high demand, it's hard to find them on sale. once they go on sale, they tend to sell out. i've found a couple of displays but drugstores like Duane Reade jacked up the price. terrible!
    i've already bought 6 lip butters and 5 infallible shadows but i want more just like you. (lol)
    i am trying very hard to wait until this frenzy camls down. maybe we should form a club or something? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're like me when it comes to drugstore, it has to be on sale or else I won't get it... hehe~ Revlon is 40% off at Kmart until Saturday. ;)

    I have everything you listed (5 lip butters, 4 eyeshadow, & 1 blush). I'm obsessed as you are... hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I paid full retail (gasp!) for 2 infallibles, and then a week later they were on sale at CVS >.< so I picked up 2 more, haha. It's harder to find the lip butters - the stores that do carry them only have a few unopened tubes, but I'm hoping I can find a few more. Curious about that bouncy blush!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've also been having a hard time finding these, 
    but I haven't gone to as many drug stores as you xD haha


    <3, 
    Dana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails