Sunday, January 29, 2012

Looking Back on 2011

Heylo...I filled up my camera's memory card (8 gb) which made me go through the pictures and reminisce about the past year, especially since I didn't do so already. So please allow me to share some of my happy moments with you. This is a super long and very picture heavy post!

2011 was a bit tough for me and to be honest, I spent a lot of time alone or focusing on my own goals, so I won't do this in chronological order but by topic. Also,don't be surprised to see most of my happy moments were of food, haha. Actually, I have so many pics of food, will have to save that for the next post.

Memories?  Reflections?  Looking back? Errr I obviously didn't know what to title this, so please forgive me if I was misleading. (I changed it from "My Favorite 2011 Memories," it didn't seem quite right of a fit.)

Resolutions

Like most well-meaning people, I started off nicely but ultimately faltered. It's okay though, because these are more of lifelong resolutions for me so I'm going to try again and most importantly, work on keeping up regularly with these.

Work Out More

Started going to the gym regularly again, and used my Wii Fit+ and Just Dance 2 to exercise at home. Bought these pink Asics first which I thought were pure white with pink, but then saw the little-girlish design and so exchanged them for turquoise Asics. Umm I should really start working out regularly again.

Asics Gel-Kayano 16



Asics Gel-Turbulent

Eat Less Meat & Eat More Veggies

It was my intention to have one Vegetarian day a week, but over time I failed. I do still often eat meals without meat but it's harder to keep track of, so I will probably go back to one day a week again.
Oklahoma burger at Native Foods
mmm beets, arugula, goat cheese, pecans and apple bites, yum!
Vegetarian pizza

Cook More

I started well but eventually somewhat failed, haha. These resolutions are more lifetime goals so even though I fall off the wagon, I will get back on. FYI I did cook more than once but this was the only decent pic I could find. *shrug* =P

Vietnamese Thit Kho - carmelized pork with eggs (& sometimes I add fried tofu)

Summer

Hands down, summer will always be my favorite season, and July was by far the best month because it's my birthday month.

Went to the beach for the first time in a very long time on the 4th of July, Independence Day.

ahhhhh I want to go back to this! *le sigh

Started going to pool parties and bbqs. Got quite a bit of color as a result, and a tan that lasted until December, haha.


Celebrated my birthday. Went bar hopping in downtown Fullerton on Friday night. Then clubbing in downtown L.A. on Saturday night. Then recovered with a day at the OC Fair on Sunday. 72 hours of fun! Best weekend ever.


The fun continued into August!

Went to the OC Fair many times on Sunday Fundays.

The minion is MINE!!
Oh what? Giant minion!!
the obligatory Ferris Wheel photo! <3
Ready to pass out with minions in the backseat, lol
Round One!! Omg this place ("Japanese D&B") will take all your money but you will LOVE the cuteness!!

please please please oh please win!!





iPhone photo

iPhone photo

First time at a Korean booking club (Velvet Room in K-town). But the young crowd made me feel like such an ahjumma, or at the least, unnie/noona.



Gahhhhh I miss the summer, even though I know it will probably never be the same again, but that's okay because summer is always stellar and amazing in my book. =)

Beauty Events

I went to a couple of Beautylish events in L.A. I'd posted about the Spring Trends Preview event in Westwood but I also went to The Beauty Social event in Santa Monica.

It's Amy (Shrinkle) from SugarPill Cosmetics!
rocking an Urban Decay Starlight Glitter Body Art (sparrow)

I met a few beauty sweethearts at the Beautylish events.

Ahleessa, Amy, and Tammy
April Athena! I was surprised she recognized me from this humble little blog of mine

Went to SF and met up with May and also met Cat for the first time! I'll be back again soon!


What I learned in 2011

I would say of all things, I learned to rely on myself more. At first, I'd wished for someone to save me, but no one did and so I learned to save myself.
“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” - Marilyn Monroe
Part of that meant I learned to expect less and appreciate more, but at the same time, value my self and my time. I've heard time is the most valuable because you can never get it back, so spend it wisely. These days I spend more time focusing on my priorities and my goals. In that sense I am a late bloomer because most of my peers are already happy where they're at in life but I still want more, so I'm pushing myself as much as I can.

Loving. Kind. Understanding. Forgiving. Compassionate. <-- I still want to be all of those things but not if the person on the other end makes me feel like I'm undervalued. I know my worth, and if I feel that someone doesn't, then I'm sorry but that person shouldn't expect any more from me than what he/she gives or shows me.

I am not a selfish person, and I don't mean to sound as such!  I just mean that I very much appreciate the precious free time that I have, and I'm going to spend it as I please, on priorities and positive things (and positive people) in my life. =)

13 comments:

  1. DIANA!! such a fun 2011!! I wish to be included on your 2012 please! hahaha :) I wanna go back to my blogging days.. It was fun and I learned a lot here and met some REAL friends including you. Ah I want to join beauty events too.. Text me sometimes :) missing you.. mwah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.

    I so agree with you that we need to save ourselves, as no one else will do it for us. It's the only way to learn about ourselves and be strong.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My reflections and resolutions are quite similar.
    It's good to focus on the positive and spend our valuable time with positive people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iyahhhh~!!  I miss you!  Was wondering where you've been.  And yes!  Let's hang out in February while you still have weekends off?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kuri!  Yay for our reflections and resolutions.  It really is good to cut out the negative and have time and focus on the positive. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I enjoyed reading about your year so much!! And I love love loveee the Despicable Me minions! SOOO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had so much fun in 2011! I hope that your 2012 will be just as great or even better <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!  The only thing is that they're not soft...but, still cute to look at, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww thanks B! I hope so too, and same for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been working out more too!! cute runnning shoes.. the pink ones.. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. //http://yolandaas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You learned a great lesson! It takes years for many people, but you learned it at a young age. You should be proud... hehe~

    I want to eat K-bbq!... wheee~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I forgot to answer your question. I don't think I want another Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush. There was only one color I wanted and I got it... hehe~ When I finish that, I might decide on another. How about you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails