Saturday, January 22, 2011

2010 Beauty Favorites

I know we're nearing the end of January but I still wanted to do this. =) In my post for last year's favorites, I said I'd "focus more on skincare products and less on makeup," and I'm happy to say I did. As such, I don't have a lot of new makeup favs, but here are some products that I loved using and relied on in 2010.

SKINCARE
H2O Plus Urban Defense Green Tea Cleansing Milk

I love this! I have Iyah to thank for introducing me to it when she let all us girls try it at our HK sleepover. Immediately after using it, my face feels so soft and also looks brighter!



Vitacreme B12 Regenerative CreamIf you already read my review, then you should know how much I love this (especially since I rarely do reviews). I love it even more now that I know Sasa carries it and sells it for only $22 (instead of its regular price of $36).



My Beauty Diary Masks (new)
I'm sure all you sheet mask lovers know that MBD improved their masks, and I absolutely love these new ones, Southern France Apricot and Bird's Nest. Tons of serum and the sheets are thinner, making them seem more like their premium line but at a lower cost. No matter how many other sheet masks I use, these are my favorite, because not only is the packaging cute but they really do a great job and are so inexpensive.


Crazy Rumors lip balm

I'd gotten my first one in a swap, and I didn't realize how much I liked it until my sister took it, haha. But she swore her lips were so badly chapped and this lip balm saved her lips more than anything else she'd tried. They're made cruelty free and vegan. I also think these are better than Burt's Bees. They're just moisturizing and soften your lips. The only drawback is I could only find them online, and I had to order a bunch to save on shipping. My favorite flavors were Banana Split, Ginger Peach, Amaretto, and Irish Cream.


Lush Sympathy for the Skin body cream
My favorite after-shower/bath body moisturizer. It absorbs quickly and is very moisturizing. I actually order it from the Lush UK site since it's about half the price (shipping is either cheap or free, depending how much you order).


Naturally Victoria's Secret body lotion

Sadly, I think they're discontinuing this line as I can't find it on the website, but you might be able to find them on sale in stores (if any are left). I'm not a big fan of VS lotions/creams (I like Bath & Body Works better even though they're part of the same company), but surprisingly, this one was really nice. The scents are subtle and moisturizing power is pretty good. I like using it for quick needs, like right before leaving the house or right after washing my hands.


HAIRCAREKao Essential hair products, Rich Premier (orange packaging)
I wrote about these back in March, and I've been using them ever since (well after I finished the Nuancy Air). They work really well for my hair, and they don't leave sticky residue like some other Japanese drugstore brands did for me. They're also not as expensive as other Japanese brands (especially if you can find them in a set). And they smell good, especially the hair mask!


I got the big bottles after I finished the small ones, hehe. Marukai had a set that included a small bottle of the hair treatment.


I absolutely looooooove how soft my hair feels after I use the hair mask (my first one I got from Kay but you can find it on Sasa now).


MAKEUPUrban Decay Naked eyeshadow palette
At first, I wasn't even going to buy this, especially since it sold out so quickly. But Giang had all of us girls use it the night we went out, and she completely enabled me. This was my go-to palette for fall and winter. I think I used it too much, lol, so now I'm actually trying to use other eye shadows but this was definitely very useful for me in 2010!


K-Palette liquid eyeliner
This is a staple for me. It's just so quick and easy to use. I tried using the Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner but for me, this one's the winner. It stays put but is fairly easy to take off. I forgot it at home one day and was reminded how much I need it in my life, hehe. True story. =)


MAC MSF By Candlelight
I know, remember the MSF repromote craze? Yes, I too scrambled and I felt lucky to get my hands on both Stereo Rose and By Candlelight. I'm SO GLAD I did! I missed out on By Candlelight by being slow the first time it came out, and now, I just love it. It's just so soft and shimmery and subtle...it's really aptly named. It softens or can tone down any harsh or too-bright blush. It's also probably going to last me forever since I only use a little on my cheeks mainly.


MAC Beauty Powder in Briar Rose
My first MAC Beauty Powder that I got when I went to the Venomous Villains event. I wasn't even planning on getting anything there hehe but of course, you know how that goes. Anyways I love the texture, so fine and silky, and I love how it's buildable so you can use just a little as highlighter or you can make it bold. I might have to start paying more attention to MAC Beauty Powders from now on.


MAC Innocence, Beware!
Another Venomous Villains item but this also turned into my go-to lipstick for fall/winter. I just love it so much, it's a pretty shade for a nice, natural look and also the texture is nice and creamy. Sooo pretty. Love at first sight (on my lips, hehe).


TOOLS

Koji eyelash curler No. 71 (short)
I got this as a gift from May and it's completely kicked my Shu Uemura curler to the curb! The angle is less curved so it can really get in close to your lashes. It works great on smaller eyes too. And it's cheap! Love love love!!


Sephora mini brush set

I got these last holiday season for super cheap, I think $5-$8. They're small, the case is about the size of a tri-fold wallet (or bi-fold? whatever) so they fit easily in my purse. I love these because they're so handy to have, on days when I'm in a rush and/or late, I can quickly put on a decent face.


Clarisonic Mia
I got this a long time ago when I was shopping with Iyah, who along with Mona enabled me to get it. At first I thought it was a luxury, and admittedly, it is, but I also think it definitely helps me keep my face in check. It does everything it says it would do. And if you read my review, you know it has greatly improved my skin and has made life easier for me in that aspect. I've definitely grown fond of it!


GHD IV Classic Styler
This was my splurge earlier this year. I lusted and waited for this for a loooooong time, because as usual, I was being picky and I didn't want the original and I knew GHD would release limited edition stylers every season...so I waited and waited until there was finally one I liked, haha. (Originally I wanted the all-white Pure version but couldn't find it). I'm happy I have an all-black one and I love its nifty features, like automatic shut off and beeping when it's ready to use, and also the heat-resistant bag gives me great peace of mind (I'd hate to accidentally burn something).


Things that are still my favorite from last year

Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15
Still my favorite moisturizer for warm seasons. Moisturizing without being too heavy, oil-free, and natural.


Guerlain Extreme Parure Liquid Foundation
Expensive, I know, but definitely worth its weight! I'm still using the same bottle, it's lasted me that long! I rely on this so much because it's lightweight and non-drying, and it gives such good coverage but with a natural look. It lasts long and I feel like I'm wearing nothing.


Yup...that's my list! I'm trying new some new products and I think I may have found some favorites already, hehe, but everything above has definitely helped me and made life a bit easier and more enjoyable in 2010, hehe. Hmm as far as beauty goals for 2011...I would say to make smart purchases, to find items that work well but without spending too much, or if I should splurge on something, to make sure it's a worthy splurge and a good investment (like my Clarisonic Mia and GHD were, oh but I also got both of them at discounted prices). And if it's not too much to ask, to love every product I buy, haha, so much that I put it to good use, and maybe all my purchases will be favorite products. =)

Is there something you loved so much in 2010 that you'd recommend?

9 comments:

  1. Nicee!! I really want to try that eyeliner now! All my liners that I own smudge on me...(well, I only own pencil for now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading favorites posts! Thanks for posting this. I didn't know that the Lush UK site ships overseas for cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your right about them discounting the Natural VS line.
    I wanted to get a few of there products but couldn't find it anywhere.
    :(

    I really want to try those lipbalms too!!
    They sound so yummy!!
    He-He-He

    And I need to pick up some new My Beauty Diary Masks.
    I think I might make a Sasa order soon.
    I keep putting it off!!

    A product I'd say to try is at Sallys Beauty Supply Store.
    It's called Hempz Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner.
    It works so well on my hair.
    :)

    xx
    JordanMayTwigs.
    <3

    www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great favorites!! and i'm so glad you got the naked palette! it's my go-to palette too :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy Rumors has so many flavours!!! Your fave ones sound fantastic *salivates* I'm a big lipbalm fanatic myself, and I open lots at a time and never seem to finish them hahaha xD

    I am quite fond of MBD masks these days especially after they introduced the new fabric =D Have yet to try the Southern France Apricot and Bird's Nest variations, gotta remedy this asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh! i love your favs! the Essential set, KPalette eyeliner and MIA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your 2010 beauty favorites! I wish I was able to get Stereo Rose MSF (enjoy yours for me until [hopefully] they repromote it *crosses fingers*) but I was able to get By Candlelight too and Petticoat which are my absolute favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am crazy about my GHD IV. I would cry if we were parted...no lie.

    You like this clarisonic fingy too? Perhaps I should look into it afterall!

    You need to try the Face Q and My Scheming masks...they are up there with the MBDs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm, those lip balm flavors sound really, really good. but i really don't need more lip balms.. but i'm tempted... grr you! hahaha. good thing they're not more readily available :P

    how's the quality of those brushes? the size intrigues me :3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails