Monday, August 27, 2012

Review: Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum

Hey everyone! Today I'm reviewing one of my purchases from Korea, a best seller from Korea's first natural cosmetics brand Innisfree, The Green Tea Seed Serum. I was very excited to try Innisfree products since they are nature-based and the green tea ingredient is 100% organic and from Jeju Island.



Click to enlarge the image and description of Jeju organic green tea.


Description

Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum with green tea seed and green complex: Enriched with Green Tea Seed and Green complex from pure Jeju Island, Green Tea Pure revives dry, stressed skin by supplying abundant moisture.

This antioxidant-moisturizing serum creates a dewy and clear complexion as the seed ingredients harvested from the organic green tea gardens in Jeju Island intensively hold onto skin moisture and the natural hydrating betaine ingredients promote moisture synthesis within skin layers.

(Description taken from product packaging)

Click to enlarge the image and more description of the moisture nourishing serum with green tea seeds.



Key Ingredients

♥ 100% Jeju Organic Green Tea Water (moisturization)
♥ Panthenol (cell growth, moisture synthesis)
♥ Bataine (fast moisturization)
♥ *Green Complex

*Innisfree's "Green Complex" is proprietary and ECOCERT-approved, containing volcanic spring water infused with the extract of 4 plants from Jeju island - green tea, tangerine, citron and cactus that deliver vital energy to skin. All Innisfree products are tested and approved by dermatologists.

 

Ingredients

*Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Alcohol, Propanediol, Diethyoxyethyl Succinate, Dipropylene, Glycol, Glycerin, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Orchid Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, DL-Panthenol, Betaine, Trehalose, Niacinamide, PEG/PGG-17/6 Copolymer, BIS-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, C12-16 Alcohols, Potassium Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cellulose Gum, Palmitic Acid, Hydogenated Lecithin, Octyldodeceth-16, Dextrin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

*Organic Farming Ingredients

I couldn't find the ingredients online so I typed them up since I think it's important to know, especially when one is considering buying a skincare product.


Use

Apply an appropriate amount onto cleansed face.

Usage Order: Serum - Toner - Lotion - Eye Cream - Cream (Deep Cream)

Price:

17,000 KRW for 80 mL

Where to Buy:

Innisfree shops or online at Korean beauty websites and eBay

Pros

♥ absorbs quickly
♥ adds moisture but feels lightweight
♥ pleasant and refreshing scent
♥ affordable
♥ 100% organic green tea
♥ suitable for all skin types
♥ packaging contains description and list of ingredients in English
♥ Innisfree 4-Free system - free of parabens, artificial coloring, mineral oil and animal raw materials

Cons

♥ doesn't provide extremely high level of moisture or other benefits like whitening, anti-aging etc.

My Thoughts

I like this product and think the quality is great for the affordable Korean price, but I must admit that it's not an amazing product. I have dry-combination (and sensitive) skin and I like using this product to give my skin a bit of extra moisture, especially since having dry skin can really exacerbate the look of any fine lines or wrinkles.

This serum comes in a simple bottle with a hygienic pump dispenser which is easy to use. If I apply it by spreading with my fingers, one pump provides sufficient amount of product. Otherwise, if I apply by patting with my hands I use two pumps. There is also a fitted plastic cap which makes it easy to close and travel with. The serum itself is very liquidy and feels lightweight, as well as absorbs quickly into my skin. There is no sticky feeling at all. The serum has a refreshing, citrus-like scent.


I've been using this serum for about four months now and still have more than a third remaining. That's a lot of product for the price and quality, don't you think? I use this along with the Innisfree's The Green Tea Seed Cream, and together they  both provide me with ample moisture that lasts all day. I have no problems with any dryness nor have I had any bad reaction such as oiliness or breakouts.

The amount of moisture and hydration is appropriate for me in the dry summer here. However, I do not consider it to be deeply moisturizing so I'm not sure how well it will fare in the winter. Otherwise, I have nothing negative to say about this product.

Would I repurchase?

Yes, I would and I also would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a bit of moisture or wants to use a serum in addition to face cream for extra moisture.

I'll be reviewing The Green Tea Seed Cream in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails